ADV Technical Institute
1765 Greensboro Station Plc.
McLean, VA 22102
- Certified to operate in VA by SCHEV
- Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Directly connected to Greensboro Metro Station Silver Line & just off Route 7 – Metro Offices “the Boro” offers unparalleled access to Tysons’ prominent businesses, retail & entertainment.
Training rooms with Ergonomic Herman Miller® seating for groups of all sizes. Latest technology desktop and free Wi-Fi.
Governing Body, Instructors and Administration
- Mariam A. Azam, PMP, CSM, MBA CEO / President
- Joseph Arsenault, ITIL – Certified instructor with over 15 years of experience
- Dina Pastor, PMP, CSM – Business Operations Specialist
- Asha Chandar, CSM – Administrative Personnel
History and Development
Advantage Consulting, LLC (DBA ADV Technical Institute) was established in 2014 to provide project management consulting to corporations and government agencies. In 2015 the owner, Mariam Azam, became a PMP® instructor for an institute in VA. She realized the joy and passion she has helping students with achieving their goals. Her pass rate was above 80 percent. Her students enjoyed her teaching style, and they had a profound respect for each other. Mariam decided to expand ADV Technical Institute to an IT Certification Training school.
ADV Technical Institute’ mission is to be the one stop resource for project management and IT professionals looking to advance their career with our premium and life-changing tools and in-person courses.
ADV Technical Institute’ purpose was built on Mariam’s vision to use her passion for helping students succeed and learn. Built on this passion she cares deeply about, ADV Technical Institute’ provides affordable, accessible and adaptive training in project management and IT best practices, enabling organizations and individuals to deliver their projects and programs with the benefits defined in their business case. The school focuses on PMP®, ITIL®, and IT certification preparation courses.
At this time all classes are instructor-led at our Tyson’s, VA location. We will make available a catalogued, logically organized portal for enrolled students on the www.advtechnicalinstitute.com webpage for all course materials. These learning resources include assignments and comments to enhance the teaching experience of an exercise. The portal is updated periodically to ensure materials have the most current content.
School Hours & Holidays
Sunday to Thursday: 8 am – 6 pm
Friday: No classes; open for administrative duties
Saturday: 8 am – 6 pm
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Day after Christmas
The withdrawal procedure is the following:
- A student choosing to withdraw from the school after the commencement of classes is to provide a written notice to the Director of the school. The notice must include the expected last date of attendance and be signed and dated by the student.
- If special circumstances arise, a student may request, in writing, a leave of absence, which must include the date the student anticipates the leave beginning and ending. The withdrawal date will be the date the student is scheduled to return from the leave of absence but fails to do so.
- A student will be determined to be withdrawn from the institution if the student misses seven consecutive instructional days and all the days are unexcused.
- All refund must be submitted within 45 days of the determination of the withdrawal date.
ADV Technical Institute offers a payment plan program for individuals seeking financial assistance. Please contact the school administration representative for information.
- An updated list of classes is posted on https://advtechnicalinstitute.com/our-training/
- Students can enroll at the beginning of any class
The faculty and school administration have an open-door policy, the purpose of which is to encourage open communication, feedback and discussion. ADV Technical Institute can be reached via telephone or email and will respond within 24 business hours. To facilitate access and collaboration, a student portal will be utilized for student interaction with other students and with the instructor of the class.
ADV Technical Institute makes available a catalogued, logically organized portal for enrolled students on the www.advtechnicalinstitute.com webpage for all course materials. These learning resources include assignments and comments to enhance the teaching experience of an exercise. The portal is updated periodically to ensure materials have the most current content.
Leave of Absence Policy
Attendance for all sequential classes is mandatory to satisfactorily complete certification. In the event a student must miss a class, the instructor must receive advance notice. In the case of an unfortunate circumstance such as unexpected illness or family death, the school must be contacted within 24 hours. ADV Technical Institute will work with the student to reschedule the class to ensure timely completion of the certification.
Student Rights, Privileges, and Responsibilities
ADV Technical Institute students have the following rights:
- Receive administrative and academic support from ADV Consultants, faculty and staff, including such areas as clarification of ADV Technical Institute policies and procedures.
- File a complaint or grievance with ADV Technical Institute or other relevant authorities. Full instructions for how to do so are outlined in the Complaint and Grievance portion of this Catalog.
- Request an amendment or revision to their student records to ensure their accuracy and that they are not in violation of the right to privacy.
- Prohibit or restrict disclosure of their information to other individuals or entities.
- Inspect and review their ADV Technical Institute transcripts.
ADV Consultant students have the following privileges:
- Freedom from harassment and discrimination: ADV Technical Institute students may pursue their educational opportunities free from harassment, including physical abuse, threats or intimidation. ADV Technical Institute provides equal educational opportunities to its students without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, disability, or military or veteran status. ADV Technical Institute prohibits discrimination on any of these bases and will take steps necessary to remedy any instances of such discrimination.
- Freedom of speech: Students may express their beliefs, feelings and opinions so long as the manner of expression does not violate another student’s rights. For specific examples of such violations, please see our Student Code of Conduct.
All ADV Technical Institute students are subject to local, state and federal laws.
Additionally, ADV Technical Institute students have the following general responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and complete documentation of academic history to ADV Technical Institute by the given deadline.
- Know and comply with program requirements and expectations.
- Initiate requests regarding dissemination of information, filing of grievances, or other areas of academic or administrative support.
- Communicate with fellow students and ADV Technical Institute staff in a professional, polite manner.
- Refrain from deliberately violating the privileges of any other member, and to consider all actions carefully to ensure that they do not unintentionally violate others’ privileges. All ADV Technical Institute students are responsible for their own actions.
- When necessary, report to the proper authorities any non-academic conduct that violates the privileges of others.
Appeals and Grievances from Students
Students may appeal negative decisions about enrollment, grades, or general academic policies to ADV Technical Institute according to the procedures that follow.
Only students may submit appeals. Appeals must be made in a timely manner.
Students who wish to appeal penalties attached to missed deadlines must made in writing to the CEO of ADV Technical Institute within 30 days.
Attn: Mariam Azam
25050 Riding Plaza
Chantilly, VA 20152
Grading and Classroom Issues
Students who wish to appeal a grade or classroom issue must first attempt to resolve the issue with the instructor of the course. Absent a satisfactory outcome, the student consults with the CEO of ADV Consultants.
Attn: Mariam Azam
25050 Riding Plaza
Chantilly, VA 20152
The student should follow the above process and may contact the State Council of Higher Education as a last resort:
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV)
Private and Out-of-State Postsecondary Education
101 N. 14th Street
Richmond VA 23219
Students will not be subjected to adverse actions by any school officials as a result of initiating a complaint
The school will retain permanently a copy of certification earned and course work. This record will include the academic and course progress at the school including programs of study, dates of enrollment, courses taken and completed, grades, and indications of the student’s states (completed, probation, etc.).
The admission records for each student will be maintained by the school for three years after the student’s last date of attendance. The financial records for each student will be maintained by the school for three years after the student’s last date of attendance.
The School will afford students certain rights with respect to their education on records. These rights are:
- The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the day the school receives a request for access.
- The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the student believes is inaccurate or misleading.
- The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records. One exception that permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests.
Career Advising and Placement
For career advising and placement, please visit our resume and job interview services.