Dear Aspiring Candidates,
Still debating on getting your PMP and when?
PMI had announced back in 2019 that they were changing the PMP® exam effective June 2020. But, due to the unforeseen pandemic the change was postponed to January 2, 2021.
As an Authorized Training Partner of PMI, I am here to tell you what to expect for 2021.
Every few years PMI assesses the PMP® content to the market and determines its validity. To determine the need for the 2019 PMP® exam change, PMI conducted a Global Practice Analysis market research. The results of the research highlighted several trends in the project management profession that has not been addressed in the PMP® exam. The trends were used as inputs into the Job Task Analysis and ensure the importance in the PMP® examination. The updated exam will measure all elements of the project management profession in terms of current job roles of practitioners.
As Project Managers you can be certain the updated content and exam change reflects the best practices of real-life settings of project management practitioners. The updated content and exam have been written according to the best practices of test development and based on input from the practitioners who establish those standards in the industry.
- Five domains (Initiating, Planning, Monitoring & Controlling, Executing & Closing) will be replaced by three domains: People, Process, and Business Environment.
- The restructure was meant to align the exam with The PMI Talent Triangle® segments of Leadership (People), Technical Project Management (Process), and Strategic and Business Management (Business Environment).
- Addition of Agile Methodology
- Exam questions will be 50% Agile Methodology and 50% Predictive Methodology
- PMI has outsourced the training materials to a third-party vendor
- PMI will not endorse or approve any other vendors materials
- PMI will train their Authorized Training Partners (ATP) Instructors on the new content and how to prepare the students on successfully passing the exam
- The ATPs must utilize the approved training materials and can add case studies to supplement
Was that confusing and overwhelming? Still have questions? Talk to one of our instructors to help you see what’s best for you. To Schedule, go to https://calendly.com/courseinfo
We can’t wait to help you get that PMP after your name!